Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Advent: Thankful

I am not a wealthy man...




...but I am rich.

I was at a cool department store where you expect more and spend less and I saw a lot of people buying a lot of stuff. I just had a lot of baby stuff (food) in my cart.

To be honest I can be a cart-peeker, is that weird? (don't answer that) I like to see what people are buying.

You know you do it too (don't answer that).

That is thing with shopping, we are measured by what is in our carts.

It may not be true, but I can definitely feel like it is at times, especially this time of year.

Sometimes Christmas can be about stuff instead about Someone.

More than just reading Luke chapter two at a church and lighting some candles and believing that we made Christmas about Jesus.

We make Christmas about Jesus when we act like him.

Everyday.

Now.

Not just on 24 and 25.

There are a lot of "Jesus People" in my life to be thankful for who get what I'm talking about.

I started naming family and friends, pastors and mentors, and even some cool tweeps but had to stop because it was going to be very long list.

No body likes long thank you speeches and I definitely didnt want my blog to get "Franked" ...right Conan.

With that being said, thank you to those who have poured into my life this year.

If you read this and think that you could be one of those people, you probably are.

I am not always an easy person to love, but I thank you for making me feel that I am.

In this economy it is hard to feel that you ever have enough, but I thankful to those who have given me all that I need...

I am thankful for giving me you, and being like Him.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment