Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Advent: Joy

“Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”
-Mother Teresa





My son Keane always smiles.

To say that he is a happy baby is an understatement.

He can turn a bad day into a brilliant day.

Life gets busy, the ministry can be discouraging, and people can let you down, but he doesn't care about that. He just loves me and wants me to love him too.

You might say he is too young to understand the concept of love, I don't believe that is so.

I think love is the first thing babies learn (after all the first time he smiled is when I held him in the NICU and asked him if he knew I loved him, he smiled).

He doesn't care about how much money is in my bank account.
He doesn't care about what I look like (especially when my hair is a fro).

He wants me.
To be in the moment.
And notice him.

The biggest curse that is upon America is the curse of being busy.

When you are busy you miss the moments.
When you miss the moments you lose your joy.

Jesus understood the importance of the moment...

"9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15.9-11 NIV

Did you notice that Jesus says remain three times.
Actually he uses the phrases "remain in my love" three times...then you will have joy, complete joy.

People smile when they are not busy, they remain in the moment.

Jesus is always in the moment, we are the ones that miss it.

Jesus is never to busy for me, he has all the time in the world. He smiles.

And so does Keane.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment