Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Starbucks.Troops.Inspired


There are a couple of things in this world that I really love, music, sports, and coffee...er...make that Starbucks Coffee. Yes, there is a difference. I have a little routine in the morning before I go to the office. Take my wife Marisa to work, get some snacks to get her thru the day, and then... get some Starbucks.

This day was a little different, or should I say, my routine hit a interesting speed bump.

I was in line to buy my Soy Latte and there was a woman in front me who ordered some items as well. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Then the Barista asked her to buy some VIA (Starbucks instant coffee, yes it is pretty good) for American troops over seas.

I expected a typical excuse then followed by a typical no.
She proceeded to pick up a HUGE handful of VIA.

In my surprise, I said, "Wow...That's Awesome!" (Christians like to say awesome a a lot) Going back to my little Sbux experience, in the moment of being inspired, I bought a 12-pack for the troops too; still no where near as much VIA as the woman bought.

If this lady went thru the motions and said no I probably would have too. However, because of her Epic gesture of generosity I gave too (ok I used the word epic, I just didn't want to be that guy who says awesome a lot).

I don't know what this woman believes, but her actions are making me notice how she lives.

My hope is that, we who believe, can live and give in a way that people will notice and be inspired.

For this woman it was Starbucks VIA, what will it be for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment