Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Love Cancer and a Train Pt. 2 (Oprah Isn't All Bad)

I posted yesterday a blog about Kristian a man who recently discovered he had cancer. He made a touching video for his wife Rachel, for her birthday.

It was creative.

It was heartfelt.

It was inspiring.

One can only imagine the fear of passing before your wife and children.

I have known too many families where this is true.

This life is not easy and sometimes bad things happen to good people. Life is not simple. The more I try to make sense of it the more I am left with questions unanswered.

I have learned to not always ask why, but to ask how will this shape me?

Instead of trying to find an answer, find a way to help.

Say what you want about Oprah, the one thing I can say is that she gives back. She helps people. I do not care about her intentions of why, the fact of the matter is that she does, help. I respect that. She recently discovered this couple and there story...




Don't you just love their accents!

I do not have the funds to help people the way I want. Actually, this year I have found more people helping me out, especially since my family started this journey to plant a church. One day I would love to help people they way they have helped me. It would be awesome to have the resources to give back like Oprah.

I can however in the in-between do this; be more positive than negative.

To encourage.

To listen.


We live in a broken world, with broken people, it can feel like hell.

C.S. Lewis says it best,

"Taking your life as a whole, with all your innumerable choices, all your life long your are slowly turning this central thing either into a heavenly creature or into a hellish creature."

The best thing we can do as we wait for the other side of eternity,
is bring a little heaven here on earth in the little things we do every day.

1 comment: