Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Love My Wife. I Love My Son. I love My God.


I have not written in awhile because I am now a DAD! It is so amazing and all the cliches they say are true. Words cannot describe the emotion of seeing your wife give birth. Especially for how big our son is... and how small my wife is.

Women are truly the stronger sex.

I have so much love and admiration for my wife and how she already is such a great Mom and goes thru so much for our son Keane.

Just to give you an idea...

She was not allow to eat anything for close to 24 hours so they can induce labor properly.
Two epidurals, because the first one didn't take. (I was praying AND the nurse was praying, and that was even a miracle that she had it because of her low blood platelets )
During delivery they had to suction Keane out while giving her an episiotomy.
And to top it all off on our first night with our son they had to take him to the NICU.
The doctors had to give him a spinal tap because his vitals where not reading well and he could have developed meningitis if not treated properly.

It was a crazy couple of days.
It was crazy to see your newborn hooked up with wires and IVs.

Through it all this miracle of child birth has brought us closer together as a family and closer together to God.

Don't get me wrong, Harrisburg Hospital is an amazing place.
This facility is up there with Pittsburgh Hospital for the most births in the state.
Harrisburg's Hospital averages about 400 births a month, thats right a month!
That equals to about 4800 births a Year. (yes a I used a calculator for that number)

What brings me the most comfort each night while our son is still in the NICU is knowing that Holy Spirit is staying true to his name... "THE COMFORTER"

I'd rather be going thru this with God's presence and power guiding us thru, than everything being perfect and having no sense of peace from the PRINCE OF PEACE.

The amazing thing that I didn't not expect from this week (amongst my son being a huge little dude at 8 1/2 lbs 21 1/2 inches long) is the prayer and support of friends and family via Facebook and Twitter.

It was so encouraging to see my cell phone blown up with updates from people praying for us and giving tweets and comments to lift our spirits and feel the power of prayer in action.

This is what the body of Christ is all about!

I am a man who is humbled.
I am man who is blessed.
I am man who knows God... is Powerful God.

I look forward to taking Keane home from the NICU on Saturday, and I look forward to see how God is going to move thru our son's life, because if God is moving this much already I cannot wait to see how God is going to move in his life in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment