Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Free Fallin' & Church Plantin'

It's like reaching the peak of a roller coaster one link at a time and then...
It's like stepping inside the batter's box adjusting your swing and then...
It's like jumping out of an airplane and there is no going back. 

It's like church planting.

We planted, launched or jumped in faith Valley Community Church April 1, 2012 and it was no April Fool's joke.  It is one thing to TALK about church planting, it is another to DO church planting.  Four years of talking and planning lead up to this moment, and I was sick, sicker than sick.  On the surface it looked like any other church service but we did it...and there was no looking back! 

The day was a success, but now the reality is hitting me in the face at over 100 mph. 

I feel like Jerry Maguire stepping out of the comforts of his job and into the dream of the unknown. 

The dream of doing things different.
The dream of meeting a need.
The dream of Hope in the Valley.

Each service is another exercise of praying like it depends on God and working like it depends on us.  It is amazing how I've come to value each person, each soul that walks thru the Community Center doors.  I have to be honest, it's hard to remember to do an official count of how many people there are on a given Sunday, but I never forget to make a conscious effort to talk and connect with our VCCers. 

There is pressure to get this church off the ground, much like there is pressure to get anything that is new  stable and moving in the right direction.  Although this feels like a scary ride I just have to sing and remind myself that the scariest rides sometimes make the most memorable rides. 

I am Free Fallin'. 
Free Fallin in Faith.


(I find myself singing in my car like this a lot, and just as off key too).

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Al! Believing for great things for you & your family & for VCC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Josh! We are excited! Hopefully I'll see you at District Council this year.

      Delete