Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

My Favorite Event As A Youth Pastor

Water Baptism has become a new tradition for the students of Third Lane Youth.

Two years ago I was inspired by a Water Baptism video that Mark Batterson showed at a pastoral conference. At my church Water Baptism was done in the church, in a pool/tub, and by an associate pastor. Watching the video by Batterson I felt quickened in my spirit to take the lead and start having Water Baptism for our students and lead the service.

We have our Water Baptism's at Pinchot State Park, and there is nothing like having this life changing event in the midst of God's creation.

We had our service last July and it was an amazing day. The weather was beautiful, we had lots of support from family and friends in attendance, and the students bravery to publicly profess their love for Jesus Christ was inspiring.

I remember when I was baptized when I was nine years old in swimming pool. The church my family at the time attended was a church plant that met inside a school, so our Baptism service was at a pool party.

I don't remember much from when I was nine, but I remember that day...

I hope you enjoy this latest video of the nine brave students of TLY. They are my heros. I look forward to 2010 to be inspired again by the students of Third Lane Youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment