Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Brother Mash Up


Last night was a pretty cool night for the Di Salvatore family. My brother Salvatore (Jack as I call him) came to our church to speak at a showing of the movie The Book of Ruth. He is the screenwriter for the film. Jack shared about some obstacles he and the director had to go through to make this movie possible and to keep the film to true to its biblical roots.

Prayer was key in making this film possible.

It was inspiring to see the people's reaction to the film.
It definitely made an impact.

As one Ukrainian Pastor said who was in attendance, "That was a powerful film." (It sounded really profound in the super-cool accent that he had.)

Sometimes when there are obstacles and opposition it just means that your on the right track.
"In every beautiful thing there is some sorta of pain," I think Bob Dylan was on to something there.

I am very proud of my brother for following the call. A very difficult one at that. The movie industry is tough and challenging in of itself, but to try and elevate the standards of Christian films can be an even greater challenge.

My mom was not able to have children and my brother and I are both miracle babies. I do not take that for granted.
I believe that there is a strong call on both our lives.

Jack happens to use a camera.
I happen to use a pulpit.

But we both rely on the Holy Spirit to make a difference in the lives of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment